You know you’re an urban fantasy reader when…
- You love eating meals with lots of garlic because it protects you from vampires.
- When you see a kid in a school uniform, you wonder what kind of magic they’re studying.
- Your bookshelf is full of novels with magic-wielding, badass-looking women on the cover.
- Going out when the moon is full makes you nervous.
- Whenever you’re at a nightclub, you pick out the people most likely to be vampires.
- You see an animal acting strangely and wonder if it’s a shifter.
- You could write a dissertation on folklore thanks to all the urban fantasy novels you’ve read.
- (That dissertation would be horribly inaccurate since authors take liberties with folklore when building their worlds.)
- You want to be cremated so a necromancer can’t resurrect you as a zombie.
- Half the jewelry you own looks like magical charms and amulets.
What else should be on this list? Share your ideas in the comments!